Pumping & Distribution
SOCWA's pumping distribution to its thirteen member municipalities incorporates:
- 7 pump stations to pump from Detroit, out of storage and to repump to higher terrain
- 3 meter stations and 47 meter vaults
- 26 pumps with discharge ranging from 2,850 to 14,000 gallons per minute
- 5 ground storage reservoirs with a total capacity of 29.5 million gallons
- 3 elevated tanks which total 3.0 million gallons capacity
- 50.5 miles of main with diameters from 16-inch to 48-inch.